A bed is a very important part of a home. This is a piece of furniture used to lie in for sleeping or relaxing. During the ancient times, beds were made of piled up straws or other natural materials such as palm leaves and animal skin unlike the beds nowadays like the trundle bed frame unlike platform bed. Probably the most relevant modification of today’s beds is the fact that it is now raised a few inches from the ground. This was done to avoid dirt, pests and draft when you are sleeping. An evidence of this is the bed in a preserved village in Scotland. Beds were raised boxes made from stone and topped with soft fillers.
There are many types of beds around the market and one of the best seller kinds is the trundle under bed. Trundle bed is made form any types of material such as metal, wood or even stone or concrete. It looks exactly like a twin bed except that it has a pullout bed stored beneath it. This is also sometimes called as a sleepover bed.
Benefits of Buying A Trundle Bed
- It is cost effective. Why buy two beds and spend more when you can have both beds in a single price when you buy a trundle bed. You can either opt for the pullout that you can easily roll or the one that can be popped up to sit next to the main bed.
- It saves a lot of space. Avoid bringing in a lot of furniture to your home because it will only make your room cramped. Pick out the comforts of having two spaces to sleep in with just a single bed.
- Great for surprise guests. Worry no more when a guest surprises you for a sleepover. With the sofa bed or trundle bed, it is easy to pull it out and provide a comfortable space to sleep in for your visitor.
Wooden Frame or Metal Frame
- Wooden Frame: A wooden frame is a great choice if you want something that looks classic. If you love nature and are used to back packing and camping, then choose the trundle bed frame made from wood, as you would definitely feel close to nature. However, wood requires too much maintenance to keep it looking good and durable.
- Metal Frame: A bed frame made from metal usually takes a very simple design, looking much of a skeletal bed. It has metal strips in the middle to provide extra central support. A full size metal trundle bed requires minimal maintenance and the price is usually cheaper compared to the wooden one.
When buying a bed, make sure that you choose the one that will give you utmost comfort. Whether you choose a wooden or metal trundle bed frame, check its quality. You can purchase via the Internet and have it delivered to your doorstep. However, buying a bed frame in person is much better because you could test its quality and you can clearly see the product. You can even haggle with the trundle bed price when you personally go to the furniture shop.